20 Sep 2022 | GitLab CI/CD training |Public Class | Online
This class explains what Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines are and what value they bring to the software development lifecycle. It also outlines the architecture behind GitLab's CI/CD pipelines and explains how to set up basic CI/CD pipelines in your own projects. Finally, it touches on a handful of specific CI/CD pipeline use cases, including pushing your app to a Docker Container registry and using one of GitLab's security scanners.
GitLab CI/CD Training covers some features that are available in all three GitLab pricing tiers (Free, Premium, and Ultimate), some features that are only available in Premium and Ultimate, and a small number of features that are only available in Ultimate.
- Development teams, quality assurance teams, release engineers
- Prerequisite knowledge
- Topics covered in the GitLab with Git Basics course or equivalent experience with Git and GitLab
- This course is not appropriate for students with no Git or GitLab knowledge
- Live training sessions delivered by a GitLab technical trainer
- Lecture with demonstrations
- Hands-on labs
- Slides with notes and reference links
Two 4-hour sessions across 1 working day.
|30 mins||GitLab Overview & Flow|
|1 hr||CI/CD Pipeline Architecture and Runners|
|30 mins||Anatomy of a Pipeline|
|45 mins||Advanced Keywords & DRY|
|1 hr||Variable Precedence & Scoping|
|30 mins||Job Policy Patterns|
|30 mins||Artifacts and Dependencies|
|45 mins||Registry & Deployments|
|1 hr||Security Scanning OR Code Quality Scanning (student choice)|
Computer with internet access and Git installed, per the requirements specified here.
|Training Type||Online Training|